Mayo Clinic’s Dr. Greg Poland Infectious Disease expert says in this excellent video and podcast that he is confident and excited about the vaccine: https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-clinic-qa-podcast-a-vaccine-milestone/. Here are a few highlights:
- “We have more data on this vaccine than we have had on any vaccine before.”
- This has been tested on 44,000 individuals by Pfizer and 30,000 by Moderna. Normally vaccines are tested on 10,000 people”.
- “If you wait and see, you may lose your place in line.”
- “A low grade fever and arm pain after indicates you’re having an appropriate immune response” •
- “The vaccine is 95% effective, astounding!!” COVID-19 vaccine Q&A: https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-clinic-q-and-a-covid-19-vaccine-myths/